Email Campaign Archive
from Ask a Suffragist
join our mailing list
- 07/26/2021 - Arkansas ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on July 28, 1919.
- 07/05/2021 - Wyoming gained statehood, becoming the first state with equal voting rights for women, on July 10, 1890.
- 05/31/2021 - The 19th Amendment was passed by Congress and sent to the states for ratification on June 4, 1919.
- 05/24/2021 - Ambitious people climb, but faithful people build. -Julia Ward Howe, 1874
- 05/17/2021 - “Mankind need only be aroused to thought to destroy forever all wrong customs.” -Antoinette Brown, 1853
- 05/03/2021 - The Activist Origins of Mothers Day
- 03/29/2021 - Better late than never! Maryland ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on March 29, 1941.
- 03/22/2021 - Better late than never! Mississippi ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on March 22, 1984.
- 03/15/2021 - Alaska Territory gave women the right to vote on March 21, 1913.
- 03/08/2021 - West Virginia ratified the 19th Amendment on March 10, 1920.
- 03/01/2021 - “I am going to stay here and stand the fire.” -Sojourner Truth, circa 1843 #BlackHistoryMonth
- 02/22/2021 - Oklahoma ratified the 19th Amendment on February 28, 1920.
- 02/15/2021 - “If there is no struggle there is no progress. …Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” -Frederick Douglass, 1
- 02/08/2021 - Women of Utah Territory voted in their first election on Valentine’s Day, 1870.
- 02/01/2021 - “There is an odd side to all reformers, to all who are pursuing a new idea earnestly, that is very whimsical.” -Elizabeth Blackwell, 1895
- 01/25/2021 - Wyoming ratified the 19th Amendment on January 27, 1920.
- 01/11/2021 - Indiana ratified the 19th Amendment on January 16, 1920.
- 01/04/2021 - Utah became a state, the 3rd with votes for women, on January 4, 1896.
- 12/28/2020 - “Liberty is not less a blessing, because oppression has so long darkened the mind that it cannot appreciate it.” –Lucretia Mott, 1849
- 12/21/2020 - “Let the hearts of the women of the world respond to the song of the herald angels of peace on earth and good will to men.” -Frances Ellen Watkins