Email Campaign Archive
from Ask a Suffragist
join our mailing list
- 05/25/2020 - “Rightfully Hers” at the U.S. National Archives celebrates 100 years since the passage of the 19th Amendment.
- 05/18/2020 - “Mankind need only be aroused to thought to destroy forever all wrong customs.” -Antoinette Brown, 1853
- 05/11/2020 - Announcing all four books of the Ask a Suffragist series
- 03/30/2020 - April Young Bennett in the news: how more egalitarian church practices could help religious women during the COVID-19 crisis
- 03/23/2020 - Better late than never! Maryland ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on March 29, 1941.
- 03/16/2020 - Better late than never! Mississippi ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on March 22, 1984.
- 03/09/2020 - West Virginia ratified the 19th Amendment on March 10, 1920.
- 02/24/2020 - Oklahoma ratified the 19th Amendment on February 28, 1920.
- 02/17/2020 - Virginia ratified the 19th Amendment on February 21, 1952.
- 02/10/2020 - “If there is no struggle there is no progress. …Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” -Frederick Douglass, 1
- 02/03/2020 - “I am going to stay here and stand the fire.” -Sojourner Truth, circa 1843 #BlackHistoryMonth
- 01/27/2020 - “There is an odd side to all reformers, to all who are pursuing a new idea earnestly, that is very whimsical.” -Elizabeth Blackwell, 1895
- 01/20/2020 - Very Short-time Offer: Get Large Print edition of Ask a Suffragist for only $6!
- 01/13/2020 - Indiana ratified the 19th Amendment on January 16, 1920.
- 01/06/2020 - Kentucky & Rhode Island ratified the 19th Amendment on January 6, 1920.
- 12/30/2019 - Utah became a state, the 3rd with votes for women, on January 4, 1896.
- 12/23/2019 - “Let the hearts of the women of the world respond to the song of the herald angels of peace on earth and good will to men.” -Frances Ellen Watkins
- 12/16/2019 - April Young Bennett talks with David Brower about knowing history to be better modern-day activists
- 12/09/2019 - Colorado ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on December 15, 1919.
- 12/02/2019 - South Dakota ratified the Nineteenth Amendment on December 4, 1919.