Great news! Yesterday I completed my fourth NaNo. I wrote 50,000 words in one month! Whew. I'm tired.
I'm ready to put on my slippers and read a book by the fire. My 'to be read' pile is enormous.
Ok, so here's the recap.
Not so great things:
- I started out strong but wavered up and down on word count daily as the month went on.
- I ran out of scenes to write a week early. That's not a good thing.
- I'm not sure I love my story. Holy cow. That's huge.
- I found a solid way to get new words. I spoke into my Evernote App on my phone during my daily commute. It was very, very messy and took massive work each night to clean up, but it was the only way I was able to meet the word count.
- I wrote every single day. Yippee.
- I have the first draft of novel number four. That's not nothing.
- My Tuesday writing group turned into the best accountability group ever. Our planned one day a week zoom call turned into almost every day zoom calls, texts, and all-around fantastic encouragement. I couldn't have done it without them. They are the best.
I would love to hear from you. How was your November?
Let’s keep writing together. 😊
**P.S. Please share my newsletter. I have a free short story on my website for anyone who signs up for my newsletter. Thanks.