Great news! On Saturday, my novel, Stealing Poppy's, won 2nd place in the contemporary romance short category of the 2022 Emily contest with the League of Romance Writers!
Stealing Poppy's Accomplishments:
- Stealing Poppy's won 1st and 2nd place in three writing contests! Woo Hoo. That's massive. This is my third book and first recognition.
- Submitted to ninety-four, yes, you read that correct, 94, agents, editors and/or publishers. It's exhausting, depressing, and exciting, all at the same time.
- Listen to that....can you hear the birds chirping? I'm still hopeful that an agent will find my story in their slush pile, love it, and call me with the best news...but not holding my breath.
The Price of Revenge:
- My new work in progress (WIP) is almost complete. Yay, NaNoWriMo writing buddies. It is a romantic suspense with political and family drama.
- My editor will get her eyes on it on April.
- I will submit to at least five contests with this one.
- Then I will start the submission process for this book—revising my agent list, adding more editors, and trying different approaches to my query process.
Tell me about your current WIP. Where are you in the process?
Also, please see the book deals below from some of my writer friends and let me know if you have something you would like to promote. Thanks for listening, y'all.
**P.S. Please share my newsletter. I have a free short story on my website for anyone who signs up for my newsletter. Thanks.