Thank you for bearing with us as we determine the best communication protocol to fit our unique program. Here is what you should expect going forward:
- Daily: Your child’s RBT of the day will share any significant behavioral concerns at pick-up. Because each student differs in the type and frequency of notable behaviors, we will focus on reporting any major changes in their more typical behavior patterns. If any major incidents occur you will be e-mailed a copy of an incident report form within 24 hours of the incident, and additionally contacted immediately depending on the type and severity of incident.
- Drop-off is still an excellent time to share with us any behaviors at home that you need assistance with or that you feel would impact your child’s success at school that day.
- Weekly binder: On Fridays you will receive a report summarizing your child’s academic and therapeutic progress (including speech and OT), examples of your child’s work, and any other communications such as field trip slips, newsletters etc. Please return the binder in your child’s backpack every Monday so we can prepare it for the following week.
- On occasion if we need to send along information on any other day besides Friday we will send you an e-mail to notify you to check your child’s backpack for it.
- Monthly: We will use your parent training time to discuss academic progress and behavior concerns in depth. To make best use of this time come prepared with your list of concerns or questions, if any.
Field trips provide some of the best enrichment opportunities for our children. We work hard to find the best opportunities for our children to adventure in our community and these are some of the most memorable experiences they have during the school year. Please remember to send a signed permission slip *and* cash or check in the amount described on the field trip slip before the day of the field trip. We cannot allow your student to join the field trip without the signed permission slip and the funds required for the trip.
Option for extended school day starting in January
We want to make the most of your child’s time with us. Because we are incorporating therapies throughout the school day and depending on your child’s particular needs, they may benefit from an extended school day. Starting in January we will be offering an additional half hour to an hour of school time. Please note that this option is dependent on your insurance plan. Dr. Calhoun will send an e-mail to families who may want to consider this option.
Introduce Student of the Month
Starting in January and on a montly basis we will feature our students in this newsletter. This gives you the opportunity to get to know your child’s peers and develop a sense of community. Let us know if you are not comfortable having your child participate (we will not feature students without a signed media release).
Corporate Match Donations
If your employer participates in corporate charitable match program, you may be able to solicit that match towards your tuition payments. These funds will help keep tuition costs low. Contact Lucine Drake for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.