Plans for our third year (time flies when you’re having fun) emerged from our annual retreat at the end of May. Much of this was driven by your feedback on the community survey.
Our key activities:
- Welcome Cohort 3 awardees this Fall
- 3rd annual gathering in partnership with RESPECT and SIGCSE in Portland, March 10-14, 2020
- Monthly community calls
- Continue to share resources among the teams through CS Ed Research and our continually evolving project website
A new approach that we are taking for structuring our work will focus on five key themes:
- Teacher Engagement and Leadership (July-August)
- Fundamentals of RPP (September-October)
- PCK: What are we learning about the teaching of CS? (November-January)
- Balancing research and implementation (February-March)
- Outcome measurement and dissemination strategies (April-May)
For each of these themes we will be identifying community members to help lead the conversations during the theme period. We’ll work with those theme leaders to put together relevant products (e.g. theme studies, research briefs), host webinars and meet-ups, and encouraging community sharing of experiences and resources.
Finally, the RPPforCS internal team’s focus will increasingly turn to our research questions. Our success will continue to be a function of the great cooperation we have had from you already, and in our future data collection efforts.
We invite you to read a reflection from the RPPforCS Leadership retreat: "The Cost-Benefit of Honesty."