For the first E-flash of the year, we share the major 2021 travel and tourism trends according to analyses by key tourism-related media & organisations:
- The first thing to bear in mind for 2021, is that people’s desire to travel will be stronger than ever. This will be a real driver for the tourism sector.
- The majority of people who will be able to travel in 2021 is likely to choose fewer trips over the year, but lasting longer (14 days or more) and with more flexibility in terms of modifications/cancelling.
- Many people will book trips that allow them to couple remote work and tourism. Many destinations are already offering solutions dedicated to this growing community of digital nomads!
- Travellers will pay much more attention to the capacity of a destination or service provider to guarantee high standards of hygiene and safety.
- Most travellers will build their trust on technological solutions that will enhance transparency, clean communication and easy booking and payment.
- Many more travellers will rely on travel agencies to be able to manage changes or cancellations in these times of uncertainty.
- In 2021, travellers will be more aware of the impact of their trip on the environment and on local communities: they will look more for sustainable tourism solutions.
> Read the analysis by Echo Touristique (in French)
> Read the analysis by Amadeus