To all BDMHA Members,
On September 14th
Health and Wellness Minister Michelle Thompson and Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health, announced that Nova Scotia will not be moving to Phase 5 of its reopening plan until October 4th 2021
, you may Click here
to read the news release.
This release provided some important updates to the double vaccination requirements announced on September 8th
2021, specifically to do with children who have recently turned 12 years old or who will turn 12 years old.
The policy, which has not been finalized by the province, for children who have recently turned 12 or will turn 12 is currently:
- Children who turned 12 between January 1st, 2021 and October 4th, 2021 will have until December 31st, 2021 to attend events and activities while they get vaccinated;
- Children who turn 12 after October 4th, 2021 will have three months from their birthday to get vaccinated;
- Children who turned 12 (or older) before January 1st, 2021 will need to be double vaccinated by October 4th, 2021 to attend events and activities.
BDMHA will update all of our membership as we receive more information in the coming weeks and the policy is finalized by the Province of NS, Sport NS and Hockey NS. We would like to thank all of you for your cooperation in following the core public health measures in place for hockey, which as a reminder, are:
- get vaccinated if eligible;
- stay home if feeling sick
Thank-you for your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you at the rink!
*NOTE* The association has appointed Lori Connors as its new Safety Coordinator, she can be reached at the following email: email@example.com. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions/concerns.
BDMHA VP Recreation / Past BDMHA Safety Coordinator