We had planned to send a special First 5 on Friday, knowing there was a lot going on and a lot to communicate. We decided to have it land in your inbox even earlier instead.
- Phase 4 of Provincial Reopening Plan Extended: So, we had really hoped today was going to mark the move into Phase 5 of the province's reopening plan, however, it was announced yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, that we would remain in Phase 4 for the time being (until at least October 4th). Here's what you need to know:
- We will not require pre-registration for three out of the four Masses taking place this weekend. The Saturday 4:30pm Mass, and the two Sunday morning Masses (9 and 11:15am) at St. John Vianney will be 'first come, first serve'. We will have volunteers in place to assist with contact tracing upon arrival. Social distancing and masks remain as requirements.
- Pre-registration is necessary for the closing liturgy taking place at 11:15am on Sunday at St. Francis of Assisi. Unfortunately this Mass is already at capacity (there is a waiting list).
- We will also require pre-registration to attend the closing liturgy at St. Elizabeth Seton (taking place on Sunday, September 26th at 11:15am). The link for this will be live on our website from Tuesday morning (September 21st at 9am) until Wednesday at 5pm.
- We continue to work to get clarity on other events and meetings scheduled to launch or take place at the church over the weeks ahead. Staff is working to communicate with ministry leaders on availability, access and protocols that need to be followed.
- Thanks so much for your support and understanding as we continue to navigate the challenging waters of parish life in these times. Thank you for your patience and understanding with the many changes we have had to make over the past year and a half- they have been numerous and many of them have been difficult, but as Fr. Bryan shared in his homily on Sunday, we pray: "As difficult as it might be. We want new life Lord, on the other side of embracing the cross, and you are the only one who can give it to us. And so we ask you to be with your people who you love so much that you would embrace the cross to bring us new life".
- Holy Trinity Faith Formation is gearing up for another year of faith and fun with a number of programs and opportunities for our children to learn and grow in the faith! These programs range from our family-focused IGNITE program for young children and their families, the WAY for our junior high aged youth, and our sacramental preparations for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation. Our registration drive will be closing on Friday Sept 24 at 4 PM, so don't delay signing up! A brief overview of our faith formation offerings as well as the schedules for when these groups gather is available on our website here. For more information on these programs or to register your child contact Alex Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org!