On Tap This Weekend 🍻
NKC's City-Wide Garage Sale returns this Saturday! Flocks of bargain shoppers will be rummaging across town for deals and finds, so if you need to say goodbye to those leather pants from your college years-- now's the time!! You require no City approval or permit if selling from your residential garage, so feel free to open for business starting Saturday morning! (Rain-out date set for next weekend...)
Grain to Glass is getting in on the fun providing a parking lot sale for used brewery equipment in their parking lot from 9AM-5PM (tables must be supervised by the selling party). Lots of Fall beer to get in on at G2G's taps, and in bottles and cans to take home!
Tabletop gamers will be up all night Friday at iWerx on Clay Street for Meeple-a-Thon-- a 24-hour fundraiser featuring more than 250 (!!!) games being played between Friday 6PM and Saturday night! The good folks at Cardboard Corner and their friends and supporters have worked all year long to coordinate what should be a pretty amazing feat of marathon gaming: which benefits Hillcrest Platte County's Young Adult Housing organization. Each tournament has it's own entry fee and start time-- check out the full line-up here! It includes games for people of all ages and experience levels...so you can totally own your neighbors in that 11AM Connect Four tourney Saturday morning! Get your gameday started right Saturday morning, with waffles from the Cardboard Corners' kitchen!!
Chef Josh Dillon is bringing some of his Shaka Noodle Shack and Longboards Asian-inspired cuisine back to NKC with a dinner at The Big Rip Brewing Company on Sunday. So for those of you watching the Chiefs home opener outside the hallowed gates of Arrowhead Stadium, they've got you covered with Bulgogi beef on rice and Carolina Bourbon Chicken! Josh has worked for dive bar culinary superstar Ron Bredemeier at Helen's and directly under Shem Yap at Shaka and the rest of the Longboards crew for years. All of that experience with from-scratch pub eats + Pan-Pacific comfort food makes his burgeoning new food concept one to keep an eye out for!
TOP TEN HONORABLE MENTION:
((In no particular order))
1) Bike-In Movie at Velo Garage & Tap House: Idiocracy (FRI 8:30pm.... check FB for rain-out plans if the weather opens up)
2) Fall Cocktail Menu Reveal and LIVE music at Colony KC (SAT night)
3) Restless Spirits tasting at Mitch e Amaro (FRI)
4) Rocky Horror Picture Show with Shadow Cast at Screenland Armour (every 3rd Saturday)
5) Family-friendly Caramel Apple event at Chicken N Pickle (SAT)
6) Pink & Purple Dress Pub Crawl and Trail Run for the Pearl Necklace Hash House Harriets (*blush*). Pub Crawl is Friday night at Cinder Block starting at 7pm. The run is Saturday at noon. If you don't know what a Hash House Harrier or Harriet is-- strap in and read this before you show up. All adult ages and running/walking levels are welcome-- just be ready for a rowdy time.
7) Yoga + Bike at Velo Garage & Tap House (SAT morning)
8) Rugby World Cup Watch Party at Chicken N Pickle (SUN afternoon)
9) LIVE music all weekend at OSP, The RINO, Christine's Firehouse, Paul & Jack's, Smokin' Guns and Big Rip... Check out rivernorthkc.com/events for the full run-down!
10) Check out NKC's local BBQ and brewery scene
For information on everything going on in NKC, tune in to rivernorthkc.com