View this email in your browser

Newsletter: April 16th 2020

As many of you may already know the Ontario Government recently extended the declaration of emergency until May 12th.  Although we are getting conflicting information from our legal team and MPP’s, it does look like we will remain closed until May 12th, pending further updates. We have been in constant contact with all levels of government and are doing our absolute best to fight for both our customers and our industry. This newsletter addresses the most recent announcements and current changes to park policy. Please read on for information pertaining to snowbirds, season fees, reservations for short-stay campers, and how we are handling the what-ifs.
We have been in constant close contact with authorities and the appropriate councils to confirm that snowbirds are allowed to be in the park. York Health requires us to collect the following information. Please email it to Morgan <>:
  • which border crossing you entered Canada and the date
  • start and end dates of your required 14-day quarantine 
  • where you have stayed since entering Canada
  • your contact information for us to submit to York Region Health
We also require you to pay your season fees upon completion of your quarantine. You can do this by debit or cheque at the office, or mail a cheque if you wish. We are still encouraging clients to avoid cash if possible. 
News for transient campers
The provincial government's mandatory closure has been extended to May 12th, so short-stay camping in the tent sections and in the trailer sections is suspended for the month of May. We anticipate that we will be able to resume camping on June 1st. All reservations before then have been cancelled and fully refunded. We have contacted everyone who had a reservation with us in May and we would like to thank you again for your support and patience at this time. Currently, the booking system will only allow reservations for June 1st and beyond. Hopefully you can book with us again soon!

Exception to travelling snowbirds!
If you are in a motorhome or with a trailer and need temporary shelter, please get in touch with us at <> or (905) 642-1700.
For our Seasonal Residents
Season Fees
We previously extended the season fee deadline to May 15th. We are once again extending this to June 1st. All customers who pay their season fee before June 1st are guaranteed to pay the same price next year, thank you. There will be interest of 1% added on June 2nd to any outstanding balances. All sites have been billed and emailed, so check your junk folder and contact us if you have not yet received yours.

If you predict you may have trouble paying your fee when the time comes, do not hesitate to discuss a payment plan with us. To those who need it, we are offering the option of 4 equal payments and have decreased interest to 1% per month. We are happy to work with you on this, but you must keep us in the loop. Please email Morgan <> to discuss the details of this option.

If any current residents are considering the option of removing their trailer, you now have until May 1st to submit written notice. You can email this to us <> or by mail (15014 Ninth Line, Stouffville, ON, L4A 3E7). You will then have until May 15th to remove all personal property from your site (this includes shed, deck, furniture, blocks, and the trailer). No additional fees will be charged if these deadlines are met. If after pulling out, you decide you would like to return, you must submit an application and you will be put to the back of the waiting list.

Alternatively, if you are considering selling your trailer, please send us an email and we will walk you through the process. Many peoples lives are changing during these times and with that we have received a number of phone calls from new customers looking to purchase within the park.

Facility update
Some good news! The roads are now fully open and we will begin turning water on Tuesday morning.  We reached temperatures of -5 last night so we’re very happy we waited to avoid damage to our pipes and your trailers. This is dependant on the weather, but we are hopeful. 
Dealing with the "what-ifs"
If you have been keeping up with the news as well as our updates, you can see that it is impossible to predict exactly how this summer will work out. The government is giving updates daily and currently has been issuing mandates that stretch for 2-4 weeks at a time.  We know that everybody is looking for answers on how this will impact your summer at Cedar Beach and all we can do as business owners is work with the current information that we have. We are still maintaining the property as we normally do and are planning to open likely in a modified format. None of the current information from the government leads us to believe that we will lose the entire 2020 season. Obviously access to pools and playgrounds is on everybody's mind and the reality is that it's just too early to make those long-term forecasts with any kind of accuracy. 

Our intention is to offer you options in these changing times, which is why we have extended the cancellation time, lowered interest rates, and offered payment plans. With the current information we have, we are still hoping to open the pools, bathrooms and playgrounds in some format this summer. If we do experience more delays in opening, we will be hiring more maintenance staff so we can adequately take care of the additional 490 lawns and make sure your trailer and site is safe and secure. Park staff and management are still working full time to try and answer all your questions and get the park grounds cleaned up for the moment we can open. In a worst case scenario where we are asked not to open this season, we will be applying a 25% discount to all season fees. This credit will be applied to the 2021 season for returning guests and paid out at the end of the season for guests not returning. At this time, trying to attach a discount for every delayed day or restricted amenity is just not possible with the number of variables and unpredictability of the situation. 

We appreciate your continued patience at this time. This situation is not something we at Cedar Beach have experienced before and we hope to never go through it again. Thank you for sticking with us!

Once again, we would like to thank you for your support. Remember to be kind to one another. Stay safe everyone!

Follow us on Facebook for updates!

Copyright © 2020 Cedar Beach Resort, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp