KEC Updates, Agenda & Kitsap Great Give Newsletter
APRIL 23, 2019 UPDATE
Dear fans and supporters of KEC,
GENERAL MEETING Tomorrow (Wednesday, April 24th) at 6:30 PM
Our monthly general meeting is taking place tomorrow at the Village Green Community Center at 26159 Dulay Road NE Kingston, WA
Here's the agenda (we'll have copies there):
- Kitsap Great Give: Martha, Cindy
- Legislative Updates: Pam
- Farmer’s Markets: Tom
- Phone Tree Results: Carol. Marylin
- Website: Cindy
- Demonstrations at Pope, Kingston: general feedback
- KEC Logo Gear: Cindy
- CELDF Democracy School: Margaret
- Kingston High School Enviro Club: (Recycling)- Paige
- Jefferson County Environmental Coalition
- Mini raffle tonite
- 350 Training: Pam
- Maps: Lisa
- Farmer’s Markets, Attendance at Legislator’s Meetings,
- Letters to the Editors, Distribution of Newsletter and talking points
- Participation in Demonstrations, Speaker and Movie Suggestions
- Feedback on preferred method of communication: challenges reaching members
Kitsap Great Give 2019 Online has less than ONE more hour to have your donation partially matched! Please click on the link to donate and help your donation go even further to support KEC!
We've made progress with our members contacting schools (North Kitsap Schools ban glyphosate spraying), major retailers in our area no longer selling Glyphosate including Costco and Valley Nursery in Poulsbo! So many more in our communities are aware why we are continuing our education and awareness campaigns to have clean water, healthy environment and ecosystems.
Doggies like those in our pics below, who safely walk their owners on trails and roadsides that hopefully are not treated with herbicides, or on areas that are now clear cut that we can only hope and continue our education for those who formerly walked their pets on properties that are now bare of trees, and either pending possible spraying (Opsada in Poulsbo) or HAVE been sprayed (Hanging Beaver in Hansville/Kingston).
Creatures and soil, water, and air deserve our attention to make the planet safer for all!
Thank you for your continued support,
Kitsap Environmental Coalition
By the way if you miss the online donating date, you can send a check up to 4/30/19 directly to the Kitsap Community Foundation for KEC's benefit - it will count in our totals that are partially matched!
The address for Kitsap Community Foundation is:
Kitsap Community Foundation
PO Box 3670
Silverdale, WA 98383
9657 Levin Road
Silverdale, WA 98383