EIT Raw Materials:
Free Virtual Raw Materials University Day
Join EIT RawMaterials and Trinity College Dublin for a week of free virtual Raw Materials University Days!
• Participate in interactive lab tours and learn about specialised analytical facilities used for characterisation of raw materials
• Learn about higher education options in the raw materials sector
• Network with researchers and industry professionals in geosciences, natural resources and the circular economy.
Find out how to get involved now:
EIT Raw Materials Booster
Two Trinity spin-put companies recently secured funds from the EIT RawMaterials SME Booster programme, which enables Start-ups and SMEs to test their technology with major players in the metal and minerals sector.
· Easy Hydro were awarded €49k to test their small-scale modular hydropower solution technology with one of the EIT RawMaterials industry partner. The pilot installation is expected to offset ~80 tons CO2 per year with significant potential to scale.
· Danalto received €200k from the COVID-19 Booster programme to implement automated tracking of personnel and assets in open-pit mines using their Low Powered IoT solution.
Learn more at:
Learn more at:
In partnership with EIT RawMaterials, Technalia Ventures, LTU Business, and FLSmidth, Trinity College is happy offering workshops on tech transfer! "RMTechFlow: Capacity Building for Advanced Raw Materials Tech Transfer Deal Flow” will be held online on 21-22 October 2020.
1) for Researchers: Bring your tech to the Market Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:00 – 13:00 • 10:00-11:00: Position your technology, John Whelan, Trinity College, Ireland • 11:00-12:00: Market-driven research, Niklas Gronberg, LTU Business, Sweden • 12:00-13:00: Generating impact out of R&D, Unai Calvar, Tecnalia Ventures, Spain More info about modules' contents can be found here!
2) For Brokers of technology, people responsible for technology assessment and upgrading, transfer technology centres The Excellent TTO Thu 22 Oct 2020 14:00 - 17:00 • 14:00-15:00: The Impactful TTO, Niklas Gronberg, LTU Business, Sweden • 15:00-16:00: Building the Business Case, Unai Calvar, Tecnalia Ventures, Spain • 16:00-17:00: The right exploitation strategy, John Whelan, Trinity College, Ireland Register before 14th of October 2020! The number of places is limited!
For more information, please contact John Whelan <John.Whelan@tcd.ie>.