A scavenger hunt to try at home
by Val Bowman
As a member of the Unitarian Universalist Society of Coralville, I am part of the Worship Team. We recently had a Cultivating Relationships Scavenger Hunt with instructions to find these items in our homes or around our neighborhood:
- Three green things together
- Something old
- Something young
- Things that are interdependent (they need each other in order to survive)
- Evidence of creativity
- Something or someone helping
- A sign of the season
- Things that make something together but are each separate
- Something that represents a relationship
When we found something on the list, we could take a photo of it, draw it, or write about it.
We decided to use the weekly time we spend with our young neighbors to find these things around Prairie Hill. They jumped into the task with enthusiasm and together we found everything on the list. It was the perfect way to celebrate relationships! Try it at your house—it's fun!