Dear Early Years providers,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Early Years providers for following the necessary steps outlined in the previous version of the action card to manage suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases / outbreaks.
I have been working with local authority Early Years colleagues from Dorset Council and BCP Council, as well as responding to feedback from providers, to update the action card once again. We are now onto version 5 – which should be used as soon as you receive it (replacing version 4).
There have been a few changes which are summarised below:
Hopefully these changes to the action card will support you in responding to COVID-19 situations within your setting and notifying the relevant organisations as required. As always, Public Health Dorset are here to provide the local public health response.
- clarification of settings for whom the action card applies
- details of who to contact for advice
- a change in terminology for “possible cases” to “suspected cases” and confirmation of what is meant by this
- details of who to contact from Public Health Dorset in the various scenarios has also been updated; including out of hours details
- a different email address has been included for contacting Liz Curtis-Jones as required if you are a setting in the Dorset Council area
- an email address for Ofsted is also available should the link to the online form not work