Dear brothers and sisters Glory to Jesus Christ!
In today's issue:
1. Upcoming Schedule (*there are some changes)
2. Christian education opportunities
3. Wisdom from the saints
4. March birthdays
5. Forgiveness Sunday Vespers
6. LANS (Looking Ahead to Next Sunday) readings and reflection
* Father Aleksey, while baking prosphora on Friday, accidentally got his hand stuck in a mechanical dough roller and was left with a couple of fractures and stitches. There will be no Vespers and weekday services at least for a week. On Sunday, there will be a substitute priest leading us in prayer. There will be no Teaching Liturgy.
The services are back to the regular schedule and the church is open to everyone. Physical distancing of 6 feet is required at the moment. Face coverings are recommended.
Saturday, March 6 - NO Great Vespers
Sunday, March 7 - Divine Liturgy at 9:30am
Sunday, March 14 - Divine Liturgy at 9:30am. Followed by the coffee hour. Followed by Vespers with the Rite of Forgiveness, which marks the beginning of Great Lent.
Tuesdays, starting with an Akathist service at 7pm.
The Bible Study is available both for in-person attendance and online via Google Meet.
Reply to this email for the link to the online meeting.
Join our online Book Study group, which meets every other week on Fridays at 8pm.
Right now we are reading a book by Rod Dreher "The Benedict Option, a strategy for Christians in a post-Christian nation."
A very timely book for everything that's going on in the society right now.
We meet via Google Meet; therefore, reply to this email to get the meeting link.
Just before spring arrives, one may begin to see the fresh and tender grass, the return of birds which winter had banished, and many such tokens. These are but signs of spring, not spring itself. While they may be sweet, they are indications of what is yet sweeter.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
Nicholas, Tomas, Violet, Eric, Stephen, Justine, Alex, Eileen, Ruth, Anastasia, Anna, Pamela, Susanna, Amelia, Ann, Jean, Sophia, Zinnie, Susan, Irene, Jack, Michael, Fr Aleksey, James. God grant you all many years!
If there is an event going on in our town or the surrounding towns, be it church event or civic, we post about it on our website. So, check them out by clicking on the image above.
Looking Ahead to Next Sunday
series of reflections