Dear brothers and sisters
Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory forever!
Today's menu:
1. Upcoming Schedule
2. Update on the church projects
3. Christian education opportunities
4. Wisdom from the saints
5. Couple online conferences
6. Podcast recommendation of the week
7. April birthdays
8. our Friends & Neighbors
9. LANS (Looking Ahead to Next Sunday) readings and reflection
The services are back to the regular schedule and the church is open to everyone. Physical distancing of 6 feet is required at the moment. Face coverings are recommended.
  • SaturdayApril 3 - Panikhida (Parastas) at 9am. Great Vespers & General Confession at 5pm
  • SundayApril 4 - Divine Liturgy at 9:30am
Annunciation of the most holy Mother of God
  • TuesdayApril 6 - Great Compline with Litia for the Feast of Annunciation at 7pm
  • WednesdayApril 7 - Vesperal Divine Liturgy for the Feast of Annunciation at 9am
  • Friday, April 9 - online Book Study at 8pm
  • SaturdayApril 10 - Liturgy for Memorial (Soul) Saturday at 9am. Great Vespers & confessions at 5pm
  • SundayApril 11 - Divine Liturgy at 9:30am
This week, the work on replacing the church A/C and the A/C in the Ed Center began. 
As was announced, the cost of the project for the church A/C will be around $36,000.
We've been praying for God's blessing and guidance for this and other projects. So, please continue praying. If you would like a copy of the prayer we say in church, please let me know.

The second project underway is the replacement of the whole HVAC and lighting systems in the Educational Center. The cost of the project is around $125,000. Under the PSEG Energy Saver Program, we've received a 70% grant, while we are responsible for the other 30% (roughly $37,000) that will be paid off over the next three years (interest free).

Again, please continue praying and, if you are able, or you know someone who is, consider making a financial contribution towards the accomplishment of these projects.
Tuesdays, starting with an Akathist service at 7pm.
The Bible Study is available both for in-person attendance and online via Google Meet.
Reply to this email for the link to the online meeting.
Join our online Book Study group, which meets every other week on Fridays at 8pm.
Right now we are reading a book by Rod Dreher "The Benedict Option, a strategy for Christians in a post-Christian nation."
A very timely book for everything that's going on in the society right now.
We meet via Google Meet; therefore, reply to this email to get the meeting link.
Let me not be deceived by the corrupting delights of this world, but rather strengthen in me the desire to attain the treasures of the world to come.
- a prayer for the Third Hour
Last call for both!
Homeschooling conference
Click on image for more info
Lenten Teen Retreat
Click on image for registration info
Click on image for the podcast episode
Jonathan Pageau and Dr Jordan Peterson delve into the concepts of conscience, narrating objective reality, the perfect mode of being, the responsibility to move things towards the divine, the inevitability of religion, the significance of the virgin birth, and the idea of Heaven.
Jonathan Pageau is a symbolic thinker, YouTuber, and class carver of Orthodox icons. Jordan and Jonathan have an ongoing dialogue surrounding Judeo-Christian narrative, reality, and symbolism among many other topics.
Peter, Olga, Anna, Elena, Zachary, Harry, Luca, Sandra, Tina, Samuel, Laurie, Christine, Joan
If there is an event going on in our town or the surrounding towns, be it church event or civic, we post about it on our website. So, check them out by clicking on the image above.
Looking Ahead to Next Sunday
series of reflections
The Gospel lesson

losing and saving your life

(click on image)
The Epistle reading

our High Priest

(click on image)
Saint of the day

martyrs Kallinika and Basilissa

(click on image)
Yours in the Lord,
Father Aleksey
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
view this email in your browser
Copyright © 2021 Saint John the Baptist Orthodox Church, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp