Letter from the President
In January, 2020 the Council met and decided on some goals for the year. Little did we know that Covid would strike one month later and everything would be changed. Still, through the work of many, most of the goals were met. The Council will be meeting again on January 6 to talk about the goals for 2021. If you have any ideas/suggestions, please email them to someone on the Council.
BHH Accomplishments for 2020
- Abbreviated training program mapped out and initial training session held (Feb 28)
- RN Party held to learn how this special group wanted to contribute.
- Training of new members (16) held
- Panel Discussion video completed
- One interim administrator found
- Being Prepared materials updated and printed (400 printed so far)
- Administrator interview video completed and on web site.
- Mini Training Session held for 6 members.
- Respiratory Repair Person found
- Donation of Surgical Masks, N95 Masks, Face Shields and Disposable Gowns to CSS (Policlinicia) and Alfa Clinic, Clinicia Especializada and Dra. Boya
- Blood Donor Caravan (March 7, 2020)
- Donation of $300 to the New Blood Donor Center in David
- Initiation of the Tree of Life program to thank donors and volunteers.
- Donation of $1,314 worth of food and clothes to those affected by Hurricane Eta
- Basic First Aid training held at Valle Escondido
- Silent Art Auction
- First Aid at home presentations held at the Library Nov 19 and Dec 10
BHH Holds Its First Zoom
General Meeting – Dec. 10
After almost 10 months, and in order to give a wrap-up of the year, BHH attempted its first ever Zoom Meeting. 16 volunteers and guests attended. A summary of the years activities was given by Bev Tyler (Administrator), Sela Burkholder (Equipment), Merl Will-Wallace (Respiratory) and Lesley Hughes (General) and volunteers were thanked. The proposed slate for next year was presented and floor nominations were requested. Floor nominations will close on Dec. 30. The method of holding the election was announced: Ballots will be emailed to the membership of January 7 and must be returned to Laurie Collier (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight January 9. This method was selected to allow those who are concerned about attending an in-person meeting in January to still have a voice in selecting the Council.