Digital Network Officer
Date Posted: 03/07/2023
Req ID: 30076
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: Institute of Islamic Studies
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00053442
Reporting to the Director, the Digital Network Officer supports the Institute’s projects and provides technical support for its digital ecosystems. The incumbent is responsible for implementing, administering, and troubleshooting digital network infrastructures of content and management systems in a gallery, library, archives, and museums (GLAM) setting; various formats of digital storage; and interconnectivity between different platforms, servers and systems. The position requires effective communication skills to facilitate working relationships between the IIS team, UofT technical support officers, third party vendors, and others. The Digital Network Officer will act as the technical lead for IIS' Muslims in Canada Archives (MiCA).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting complex computer system problems
- Analyzing server and/or desktop performance data
- Planning components of projects
- Executing security measures for network devices and introducing variations as required
- Monitoring established key performance indicators of projects or products
- Analyzing technical operation activities and recommending changes for improvement
- Applying established standards when deploying software and hardware
- Creating complex and technical documentation and user support guides
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, data engineering, information science, digital archives management, library science or a comparable program or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent and related experience in network infrastructure and database support, preferably in a gallery, library, archives and museum (GLAM) environment.
- Experience in applying established standards when administering automated processes for server deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Demonstrated experience in performing system health checks and mitigation to meet software and security standards including encryption, patching and backup.
- Demonstrated experience in database programming for new and existing systems.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and writing program scripts to extract, reformat and analyze data.
- Demonstrated experience in creating documentation and guides for technical maintenance.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solvingabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical concepts to persons with limited technical backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with collections information systems, digital asset management systems in gallery, library, archives and museum (GLAM) environment.
- Experience with Access to Memory (AtoM), an archival description software.
Closing Date: 03/21/2023, 11:59PM ET