One of the images from the Hall of Fame night on Thursday, May 2nd - Coach Lindsey and members of the Hall of Fame induction class. This is but one element on the spectrum of why we do what we do.
If you missed the meeting on Monday, May 13th, some of the highlights:
- Within our gymnasium lobby there are two walls that oppose each other, a wall of team photos and a wall of trophies. The trophies themselves are not the goal but a physical tribute to what those athletes accomplished through their dedication, hard work, natural talent, and teamwork.
- The student athletes DO their job; the coaches DO their job; it is time for us as the Booster to do OURS. We can't help them run faster, throw further, or hit better but we can help facilitate that which insures that they, and their coaches, have the BEST resources available to them - equipment and fields in good condition, good accommodations for our fans, etc.
- President: Incumbent is Marc Wachter. No new nominations were received for President.
- Vice President: Kristin Rendina was nominated for Vice President and accepted. In the interim, Mrs. Rendina has taken a position with Wake Forest High School (congratulations Kristin!). Jennie Elias has accepted the Nomination for Vice President.
- Treasurer: Incumbent is Bryan Wooten. No new nominations were received for Treasurer.
- Secretary: Incumbent is Lisa Leary. No nominations were received that evening. In the interim, a nomination was received for Renae Hill
- A ballot will be distributed by the Nominating committee this week.
The meeting followed with a planning session for the Jamboree. Our next Jamboree planning meeting is Wednesday, May 29th at 6:30 pm at the Wake Forest Coffee Company.
Highlight of some of the items discussed:
Come on out, meet some friends you haven't met yet and Volun-TEAM!
- A total of 12 schools including Wake Forest High School will participate in a 6-game football jamboree. Our hope is to make this a school event and town event to benefit all and showcase our school pride and ability to work together as one town, one school, one team, one dream!
- Estimated attendance: 12,000 over the course of the event. Roland will confer with Cardinal Gibbons to attain more information.
- Secure large grills from various members to cook hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Have drink stations set up to ease traffic at main concession stand.
- We will use meal and drink tickets to allow students to assist with transactions and pre-sales.
- Pizza sales through Johnny's Pizza
- Cotton candy, snocones
- Mike Joyner will work on Emergency Action Plans (EAP) with Mr. Ferebee.
- Secure EMS squads for standby duty at event.
- Coach Marshall indicated OSNC typically has a trailer at track events and they may be able to assist as well with this.
- Key WHFD locations.
- Bag check station
- Marching band will be able to participate and was represented at the meeting.
- Chorus will not be able to participate due to their schedule.
- JROTC participation is pending (color guard, driill and saber teams)
- Kate Williams is reaching out to National Guard to participate and provide elements for the Midway (rockwall, etc).
- Drama club also wants to participate (meeting pending)