WELCOME- Marc Wachter called the meeting to order at 7:03. Marc began the meeting in the hallway in front of the Larry Lindsey gym. Marc reviewed the purpose of the club and shared his vision of everyone inside and outside the community working together to support the athletes, coaches, and families. Part of Marc’s speech, “Within our gymnasium lobby there are two walls that oppose each other, a wall of team photos and a wall of trophies. The trophies themselves are not the goal but a physical tribute to what those athletes accomplished through their dedication, hard work, natural talent, and teamwork. The student athletes DO their job; the coaches DO their job; it is time for us as the Booster to do OURS. We can't help them run faster, throw further, or hit better but we can help facilitate that which insures that they, and their coaches, have the BEST resources available to them - equipment and fields in good condition, good accommodations for our fans, etc.” After Marc spoke, the meeting continued inside the gym. Officer positions and duties were explained. Then nominations took place:
ATTENDEES: about 17 people attended (not everyone signed the attendance sheet) the meeting and the information is in the notebook with the minutes.
- President: Incumbent is Marc Wachter. No new nominations were received for President.
- Vice President: Kristin Rendina was nominated for Vice President and accepted.
- Treasurer: Incumbent is Bryan Wooten. No new nominations were received for Treasurer.
- Secretary: Incumbent is Lisa Leary. No nominations were received that evening.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES –discussed how minutes are shared through Mailchimp.
Secretary, Lisa Leary: Minutes from March meeting were shared using Mailchimp.
Treasurer, Bryan Wooten: Bryan sent an email to officers on May 12, 2019 with account balances. The checking balance is $42,088.57 and the team account balance is $57,661.83. The Hall of Fame didn’t raise money, but there was not a loss on food. Bryan wanted to remind everyone to use the forms on the Wake Forest Athletic Website when requesting reimbursement or giving deposits.
Athletic Director, Mike Joyner: Mike sends out information weekly using Remind and Twitter.
Apparel, Ginger Anderson: Ginger was not able to be here. Ginger is stepping down as apparel chair.
Banquets/Hall of Fame, Lance Bradley: Lance was not able to be here. The Hall Fame Banquet was a successful event.
Concessions, Christi Pittarelli: Christi was not able to be here.
Corporate Sponsors, Jeff Denny: Jeff Denny was not able to be here. If you or if you know of someone that would be interested in this position, please let Marc Wachter know. A sponsorship list needs to be maintained. We need to work on staying engaged with the sponsors and continue to show appreciation.
Fundraising, Kristin Rendina : Kristin continues to look into ways for the booster club to raise money. Ship-on-Site will sell items for clubs at the school. Someone is going to do a makeover of the leftover 2016 Football Championship cups and sell them for the booster club.
PTSA Liaison, Larissa Moore and Elizabeth Hayes : Larissa and Elizabeth were not able to be here.
Gate Passes, LuAnn Wooten: LuAnn did not have anything to report.
Volunteers, Jennie Elias: Jennie is going to continue to use Sign-Up Genius to recruit volunteers as well as posting on Twitter and Facebook.
Website/Social Media, : Looking for social media/website coordinator.
- There was a brief discussion of how well the Hall of Fame banquet was organized and attended.
- OPEN POSITIONS:
- Corporate sponsor chair
- Spring concessions coordinator
- Senior night coordinator
- Football jamboree coordinator
- Apparel chair
- Website/Social Media coordinator
- A question was raised by Roland Lewis on how committee chairs are chosen. The answer is people choose to volunteer.
The meeting followed with a planning session for the Jamboree.
Highlight of some of the items discussed:
- A total of 12 schools including Wake Forest High School will participate in a 6-game football jamboree. Our hope is to make this a school event and town event to benefit all and showcase our school pride and ability to work together as one town, one school, one team, one dream!
- Estimated attendance: 12,000 over the course of the event. Roland will confer with Cardinal Gibbons to attain more information.
- Secure large grills from various members to cook hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Have drink stations set up to ease traffic at main concession stand.
- We will use meal and drink tickets to allow students to assist with transactions and pre-sales.
- Pizza sales through Johnny's Pizza
- Cotton candy, snow cones
- Mike Joyner will work on Emergency Action Plans (EAP) with Mr. Ferebee.
- Secure EMS squads for standby duty at event.
- Coach Marshall indicated OSNC typically has a trailer at track events and they may be able to assist as well with this.
- Key WHFD locations.
- Bag check station
- Marching band will be able to participate and was represented at the meeting.
- Chorus will not be able to participate due to their schedule.
- JROTC participation is pending (color guard, drill and saber teams)
- Kate Williams is reaching out to National Guard to participate and provide elements for the Midway (rock wall, etc).
- Drama club also wants to participate (meeting pending)
Meeting adjourned at 8:13 PM. The next meeting will be Monday, June 10, 2019, at 6:30 PM in the media center.
A jamboree planning meeting occurred on May 29 at 6:30 at Wake Forest Coffee Company.