Saturday ~ May 8 ~ 2021
"The Debbie Wright Memorial"
MBYC's Mom's Day Regatta!!
Everyone's favorite regatta is back!!! Kids drive, moms crew. This is a special event to celebrate our moms who have supported all our Junior Sailors from the docks all these years. Here's our chance to get them on the water with their kids for some fun races and lots of laughter.
There will be 3 divisions: Littles, Bigs (high school) and College-plus! If we get more than 20 boats, we'll split into 2 fleets: Littles (C2+/Middle School) and Bigs + College-plus (High School and up). There will be awards for the top 5 Moms with Littles, top 3 Moms with Bigs and top Mom with a College-plus kid. The top finishing MBYC team will have their names engraved onto the Debbie Wright Memorial Trophy.
- MOMS: No experience necessary! REALLY!!
- Kids should have at least C2 fleet level racing experience.
- Club CFJs are provided for MBYC members.
- Visiting teams are asked to bring their own boats.
- More than one kid? Switch skippers as you like.
- We'll work out sail numbers on the day of the event.
- Check-in starts at 10am
- Crew Clinic at 11am
- First start at 12
- $20 per team
- We'll have bottomless mimosas for our moms and snacks for all!
Check out all these smiling faces from the inaugural 2019 event!!