Our update this month looks very different than we had hoped it would... Where we had thought of sharing the excitement and anticipation of what God would do at Half Step Camp in just a couple of weeks, we are instead sharing about how God had a different idea.
Camp Is Canceled
We discovered a couple of weeks ago that the organization that we are under does not have the liability insurance to cover us to work directly with youth. It has worked in the past because we were under the banner of Faith Church, but now that we are expanding outside of one local body…it makes things a bit complicated.
Brayden and I explored every possible option that could allow us to work around the liability issues with integrity, but we found those doors to be closed. This was extremely disappointing and hard for me to deal with at first, but I realized it may have been hard because I was holding on too tightly.
There's a lot of complicated logistics and emotions in this process, but the remaining truth is this:
God was and is perfectly capable of moving mountains.
So I have found peace knowing that if the mountains didn't move when we prayed and asked God to move them, then it was not God's will.