Commissioner Weiss has been selected to the Leadership Palm Beach County (LPBC) Class of 2020. LPBC is a nonprofit organization that brings together leaders from the public, private and nonprofit sectors to build and steward a vibrant, interconnected community.
Commissioner Weiss said "I am proud to be joining the 2020 Class of Leadership Palm Beach County. and I look forward to spending a year becoming more informed and working with my fellow classmates making our community a better place."
From Left to Right: Motasem Al-Turk, Traffic Division Director; Niels Heimeriks, Assistant to Comm. Weiss; David Ricks, Engineering Department Director; Commissioner Weiss; Marcelino Alicea, Public Works Assistant Superintendent; Virginia Savietto, Assistant to Comm. Weiss; and Luisa Alarcon, Executive Assistant
Back-to-School From Friday, August 2
Until Tuesday, August 6, 2019
During this sales tax holiday, no sales tax will be collected on purchases of:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
• Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15
• Books that are not otherwise exempt
• Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport
Are you interested in learning about certification and its benefits?
Come out and learn about the process of certification and how to do business with the participating agencies. Staff will be on hand to answer your questions and help you navigate the procurement systems when responding to government bids.
For more information contact Angie Whitaker at 561-616-6849 or click here
Palm Beach Fire Rescue is working with a nonprofit to distribute Pet Safety Stickers to county residents.
If you have pets, you want to get this sticker and put it on or near your front door. It lets first responders know that there are pets in the home.
Contact PBC Commissioner Gregg Weiss, District 2 at:
301 N. Olive Avenue, 12th Floor
West Palm Beach, FL 33401 Tel: 561-355-2202 Email:email@example.com Website:www.pbcgov.com/D2 Follow us on social media: Facebook: @GreggWeissPBCCommissionerD2 Twitter: @GreggPBC