Greetings from Africa and we trust you are healthy and well in these trying times. South Africa is now in the peak of the pandemic and we have up to 10 000 new cases a day. Along with this has come both blessing and curse. Below we share with you some sad news from within AFC family, and some encouragement on His imprint among people even in this crises.
On the 11th of June 2020 our dear brother Lawrence Titima went to be with the Lord. He had been struggling with flu and finally succumbed to the Covid -19 virus while being treated in a hospital in East London. Lawrence was a close friend and a senior leader in AFC , fulfilling the role of Co-ordinator over 10 churches in the Eastern Cape. He was also a leader and coach in the Adopt a Village program and assisting with a large community development project called Kids in Crises. Lawrence leaves a big hole for someone to fill. His smile, his generosity, his commitment will be sorely missed. We remember you, Lawrence with much gratitude to the Lord.
Discipleship Groups are Flourishing
We praise the Lord for the growth of Discovery Bible Study groups among many of the communities that we are church planting. People are meeting in their homes and reading Scripture together and doing a simple - HEAR Him , Obey Him , Share Him with others - version of discipleship. We have been training our church planters towards more discipleship and finally it is CORONA that has forced them to implement these groups. Many pastors now testify to us: ' thanks so much , we NOW understand the power of people discipling each other and being empowered to hear God for themselves.'
Praise God for:
- continued donations for food parcels which we continue to give out with great effect
- the birth of many Discipleship groups
- the breakthrough in thinking for many church planters who now see discipling and home groups as very effective - not only a large gathering
Please pray for:
- the family of Lawrence Titima , especially Veronica his wife;
- follow up of Discipleship groups and new leaders emerging
- limited death and impact of Covid-19 in these peak days.