Very warm greetings from Port Elizabeth, South Africa! Our focus for this update will be Lesotho - the "Kingdom in the Sky!"
Did you know:
* Lesotho has the "highest lowest point" in the world - the only country in the world that is completely above 1 000 meters (3 280 ft)
* Nearly 50% of women below 40 are HIV positive
* The Shepherds of Lesotho are considered as one of the unreached people groups of the world
Despite the challenges, the Lord is at work in Lesotho!
Johannes is an Africa For Christ Church Planter working in Lesotho. Recently we had the privilege of joining Johannes on a fact finding and outreach mission to Ha Semenyane, a remote area in the south of the country. We were able to show the Jesus Film, hand out Bibles, and begin some Discovery Bible Study (DBS) groups.
If you would like to partner with Johannes and AFC in some way, please be in touch!
The Children of Lesotho
Children suffer incredible hardship in this country. Few will graduate to high school as they will be called upon to manage the family's livestock. Primary school children often have to walk 6 - 10 km's just to get to school - through the winter snow, up and down the mountain.
We are planning more ministry amongst the children in the days ahead!
Many were deeply challenged by the showing of the Jesus Film
Praise God for:
- Johannes and the work he is doing in Lesotho
- The openness to do ministry in Lesotho
- DBS groups that have been started Please pray for:
- The work in Ha Semenyane and surrounding villages
- The Basotho's eyes would be open to Jesus - not tradition and ancestor worship
- The Lord would raise up workers in this part of the harvest field
We appreciate you and your prayers for the work of Africa For Christ