Thank you for the opportunity to share some news from AFC! The focus this month will be feedback on how our Adopt a Village program is making an impact, as well as some updates as to how our Church Planters are making a difference in their communities.
Francis and the children!
Our Adopt a Village trainees are challenged to look out for and reach vulnerable children in their area of influence. We have been keeping you up to date on two young boys that Francis, one of our Church Planters, befriended close to where he lives. He discovered that the children are being raised by their Granny and had never been to school. After many visits to the Education department and different schools, the boys were recently able to start their grades. Praise God for Francis' perseverance in overcoming many obstacles and that these boys are eventually able to study.
Food Security Project
In partnership with Westside Family Church, six different sites have been identified to assist our Church Planters with a constant water supply through the provision of gutters and tanks. Many of the areas identified have water only every few weeks. This makes sustainable gardening and income generation a challenge. Through the provision of these water tanks we hope to empower our Church Planters to be a blessing to their communities and also generate some much needed funds for ministry through the sale of vegetables and seedlings.
Loyiso Church Building
Over the past few months we have been updating you on the progress of Loyiso's church building in Motherwell, Port Elizabeth. Loyiso is one of Africa For Christ's Coordinators. As you can see from the picture the building is nearing completion and is already a great blessing to the community. Two morning services are being planned as one service is insufficient to cater for those attending on a Sunday.
Praise God for:
- Testimonies of breakthroughs in people's lives through the ministry of our Church Planters.
- That a school was found for the two boys Francis assisted
- An increase in Discipleship Bible Study (DBS) groups amongst our Church Planters Please pray for:
- The two boys mentioned above: it is going to be a big adjustment for them to attend school
- Our country's protection against the predicted third wave of Covid
- For people who have been absent from Church due to Covid to return to fellowship