May 30, 2020
"What a long, strange trip it's been,"
sang The Grateful Dead in Truckin'
. For us, the trip isn't over yet. We're proceeding along a rocky road. We trust having access to books, magazines, music, and movies from the Frank L. Weyenberg Library is making this difficult time just a little easier.
We're continuing curbside service Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm, and adding Saturday service, 10am to 2pm. Search our catalog
to reserve your items. When you're notified that your material is ready, call 262-242-2593, option 2, to schedule your contact-less pickup appointment.
Finished with your material? We currently accept returns in our outside book drops beginning at 10am, Monday through Friday, though we must lock the drops as soon as they are full. We then quarantine all items for 72 hours before checkin and reshelving. Don't worry. All due dates have been pushed out to August 1, so no fines will be assessed.
And the best news of all. . . We will open to the public June 15
(depending upon COVID-19). We will be open regular hours, with most regular services. Our inside book return will be available all open hours. Some caveats apply.
- All staff will be wearing face masks, and we will require the same of patrons. We're all comfortable with "no shirt, no shoes, no service." Until this crisis passes, we're adding face masks to that list.
- We have placed Plexiglas barriers on all service desks.
- All toys, puzzles, and iPads have been removed.
- Computers and furniture are rearranged or removed to facilitate social distancing.
- All programming has been cancelled through August 31. We will revisit this issue in the coming weeks, and may extend our events moratorium.
For your safety, staff take our temperatures before every work shift. We may also wear gloves and/or face shields, depending upon our tasks.
While closed, we've taken the opportunity to address building projects. Thanks to the Weyenberg Public Library Foundation,
we've re-carpeted most of the Library's main floor. We're happy we could do it without inconveniencing you. We are also repairing the canopy over the main library entrance, and will replace the columns sometime later in the summer.
There is so much to discover at Frank L. Weyenberg Library. Please visit us online at www.flwlib.org
Rachel Muchin Young, Library Director
P.S. Please send this email to friends so they, too, can be up to date on the latest news from Frank L. Weyenberg Library. If they email me, I will add their name to the list for this monthly eNewsletter.