Acrobatic Program Committee
Summary of Updates
The Program Committee Chair and the 5 Regional Administrative Chairs met on Friday, 4/3. Below is a summary of important topics discussed.
1) USAG webpages are frequently updated with info and resources related to COVID-19. Please watch these pages for updates.
2) Formal approval to waive qualification requirements
- Program Committee unanimously approved waiving of qualification requirements for the remainder of this season.
- New partnerships are permitted as well as existing partnerships dropping back levels if necessary.
3) USA Gym Champs postponement
- USAG is looking at new dates for Gym Champs as well as the artistic events that were to be held in June.
- Acro, rhythmic and T&T have all expressed that they are interested in rescheduling this event.
- Major factors under consideration at this time:
- When will it be safe to hold events and have people traveling in light of the global pandemic
- Safe for athletes to compete, ability to train beforehand (feel as though 2-3 months back in the gym prior to event is necessary)
- Location suitability and availability
- National Team Selection: If USA Gym Champs is held, a National Team will likely be selected at that event, with a second selection to take place in early 2021.
- Suggestions about the structure of the event and inclusion of additional levels because of the hiatus in training will be discussed if a decision is made to move forward with a USA Gym Champs event.
4) Acrobatic World Championships & World Age Group Competitions
- Olympics have been postponed until July 23 - August 8, 2021 and World Games have been postponed to July 7-17, 2022.
- Acro Worlds competitions have been postponed. USAG has not received any information regarding dates beyond the information posted on the FIG website.
- Will wait for official announcement of new dates from FIG before amending the selection procedures and proceeding with the selection process.
5) 2020 Elections
- The terms for the following positions are scheduled to end on July 31, 2020
- Acro Program Committee Chair - currently held by Carisa Laughon
- National Elite Committee Chair - currently held by Ronda Francis
- National Elite Committee - 3 positions up for election this year
- Regional Administrative Committee positions
- Operating Code updates, to include changes to eligibility requirements for positions as well as voting, are in progress and will be available soon. Call for nominations to be sent out by RACCs following posting of updated Operating Code.
- Targeted timelines for nominations/voting has been extended as follows:
- Nominations - 5/15/2020
- Regional Committee Elections - June 1-15
- National Elections - June 15-30