Hello <<First Name>>
Welcome to The Teaching Space Extra. How has your week been? I'm looking forward to half term break next week. As you can imagine (because you know me well by now!) I have carefully planned out my time; but it does include plenty of planned relaxation... yoga, dog walks and creative projects.
Three Note Taking Apps
This week's podcast is a product of my current part-time student status; it's all about note taking apps. As a child I was obsessed with notebooks (and stationery in general); as an adult, it's all about the app equivalents. In the episode I share three 'new to me' note taking apps.
Three Note Taking Apps for Teachers and Trainers
Half Term Prep
If, like me, you are approaching half term (see happy dance below) it might be worth taking a moment to plan your time off. I know, I know, it sounds a little 'control freaky' but from experience, I know that if I do not schedule relaxation, there is a danger it might not happen. Episode 63 of the podcast is about how teachers can plan a relaxing but productive summer break. While you'll likely not have such a long stretch of time off ahead of you, the same guidelines can apply:
- Visualise: where do you want to be at the end of your time off personally and/or professionally?
- List: make a list of the steps you need to take to get there.
- Highlight: pick out your priorities so you can allocate more time to them.
- Balance: check you have balance, for example, I'd want a good balance between study, health and wellbeing, household chores (yawn!) and seeing friends/family.
- Plan: grab your calendar and to-do list and start time blocking.
Inside the Community
I just hit publish on a new video; it's a tour of The Teaching Space Community - you can find the video on YouTube here.
That's all from me today - I'll be in touch next week.