Stack, Affinity, and eTrainU
Major Changes Affecting Certifications and Registration
AYSO is has completed the migration from their legacy "E3" system to Affinity, the National Association Management Platform maintained by Stack Sports. Spring 2022 will be the last season for which any player or volunteer data is sent to E3, but there are a number of changes that will impact how inLeague functions well in advance of Fall 2022 registration. Please bear with us as we update our online documentation with all of the information in this newsletter.
Fall 2022 registration will be available in late April or early May. No registrations will be accepted or processed for MY2022 on the existing, legacy platform. We are targeting late March for an invited beta test of the new registration platform.
Short-Term Changes (names, dates of birth, certificates):
- Due to the manner in which Affinity interacts with volunteer and player data, changes to volunteers' or players' first and last names or dates of birth can no longer be made from inLeague. They must be made from Affinity; the updates will then be sent to inLeague very quickly and the relevant inLeague records will be updated.
- Certification data from AYSOU has become obsolete and all new certification data comes from eTrainU and Affinity. AYSO has streamlined the number and types of "certificates" relevant to each volunteer; Between coach, referee, Safe Haven, and other categories, AYSOU had 215 different "certificates" (some of which were courses, and some of which were certificates). eTrainU has fewer than 30 certificates. All inLeague certificate data has been migrated to the new scheme and these changes are live.
Medium-Term (Fall 2022 Registration: Coach preference and Survey forms):
- The optional coach preferences form in use by a couple of regions has been retired. Most, but not all of the data on this form is now collected elsewhere. Future functionality may support league-specific volunteer registration questions.
- The family registration survey in use by Region 76 has been retired.
Logging into SportsConnect Affinity / Association Management (RCs / Administrators Only):
- Login URL: : https://eayso.sportsaffinity.com/foundation/login.aspx
- While all active inLeague volunteers exist in Affinity, only Regional Commissioners have administrative access. They can grant access to registrars or other board members.
- Your username is your email address.
- Your password is not set initially (it is not your inLeague password) and must be initialized via the Forgot Password link on the SportsConnect / Affinity login page.
- The process for updating volunteer or player data in Affinity is straightforward. However, inLeague staff have no visibility into the Affinity platform and cannot provide access or troubleshoot it; the AYSO National Office can assist and will enlist inLeague when opportunities arise to make the process easier still!