We would like to remind the public about the following road access and bridge work taking place this week.
WAIPA TO WAINIHA (EMERGENCY WORK, LOCAL ACCESS ONLY)
Limited local access to Kuhio Highway (Route 560) past Waipa Bridge is available for vehicles with county issued placards in both directions. Schedule for the week of Monday, June 10, through Thursday, June 13, is on the following schedule:
• 5:30 a.m. – 8:20 a.m.
• 12:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
• 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. (with the exception of Wednesday, June 12 and Thursday, June 13 when the bridge will close for night work at 7:30 p.m. Please see additional information below)
On King Kamehameha Day on Tuesday, June 11, Kuhio Highway Access will be running on the weekly schedule. If the concrete pour is finished early, the road will be opened early on the Sunday/Holiday schedule until 11 p.m.
NIGHT CLOSURES TO BEGIN WEDNESDAY, FULL WEEKEND CLOSURE OF WAIKOKO BRIDGE PROCEEDING AS PLANNED FOR JUNE 14 - JUNE 17
Construction closures to prepare for the replacements of Waikoko Bridge and Waipa Bridge are currently scheduled for the nights of Wednesday, June 12 and Thursday, June 13. Night closures for June 12 - 13 will begin promptly at 7:30 p.m. and continue until the following morning at 5:30 a.m.
- Parking areas on either side of bridges and pedestrian access will be available for those wanting to cross the bridge during night work hours (see below for location of park and ride locations for Waikoko Bridge).
- Parking areas will be secured at all times.
- The bridge will close to all vehicular traffic at 7:30 p.m., so any vehicles traveling on the highway after 7:30 p.m. will not be able to travel over the bridges and residents wanting to access the area will need to use the available Park and Ride sites and the pedestrian bridge.
- HDOT is coordinating with Hanalei Colony Resort to provide a shuttle for residents between the Park and Ride locations and Wainiha.
West Waikoko Bridge Park and Ride (West-side / Wainiha side)
East Waikoko Bridge Park and Ride, located east of Waipā Bridge (East-side / Hanalei side)
The full weekend closure for Waikoko Bridge is scheduled for June 14-17. The previous news release announcing this closure is available at http://hidot.hawaii.gov/blog/2019/05/30/full-weekend-closure-of-waikoko-bridge-scheduled-for-june-14-17/
During the full weekend closure, there will be sufficient shuttle service to provide access for residents and authorized TVR visitors. Please see the attached schedule for reference.
You may download a printable version of this schedule here.
Pick up locations in Wainiha will be the Hanalei Colony Resort (both Hawaiian Dredging and Hanalei Colony Resort shuttles, both GREEN and PURPLE schedules above) and the Wainiha General Store (Hawaiian Dredging Shuttle only, see GREEN schedule above).
Click here for a map of and directions to the Hanalei Colony Resort.
Click here for a map of and directions to the Wainiha General Store.
Questions regarding shuttle access for the full closure can be directed to the hotline at (808) 230-0796 or toll-free at 1 (800) 722-9012.