Does Your Home Reflect Your Style?
Do any of these sound like you as you have tried to figure out WHAT your style is?
- You've taken a survey on Buzzfeed, Pinterest or Houzz to figure out your style?
- Your style is the "builder beige" that you bought the house with and just lived with it the last 15 years, because you're afraid to change it.
- You are terrified that you will waste a bunch of money on ugly stuff that won't "go together" so you just don't buy anything!
- You walk into a furniture store and take the whole set without any thought to color or imagination.
- You have watched every episode of Fixer Upper and copied their look but not given any thought to whether it fits your house or personality?
- You have a lot of left over furniture from your parents or from when you were first married and you have just "made it work"
With work, kids and continuous obligations, life tends to get in the way of creating your dream home. Now, the kids may be grown, or you have more time or money to invest in your home. However, renovating or refreshing your home may be too exhausting to even think about,not to mention the anxiety of determining your "style". This month, I challenge you to explore your design style.