Hello <<First Name>>, how are you feeling today?
We hope you had a marvellous time during Christmas and New Year’s!
The World Table Tennis Day 2020 will focus on the environment. Of course, the eco-system and tackling climate change are very important environment issues. But – like an onion – the WTTD has more layers:
Did you know that you can have a positive influence on the economic environment in your community through table tennis?
Table tennis organizations as well as your event can be an opportunity for capacity building, creating jobs, and for economic, social and environmental sustainable development in general, if policies and procedures adopted adequately. If you count yourself as a stakeholder in sport that bases the activity on the respect of human rights, you can have a positive impact on local and regional business when arranging an WTTD event.
In order to create a positive impact through your event, consider finding a sponsor to let your business or mission grow as well as increase the reach of your potential audience and supporters. If you find the right partner, you could get financial support of your WTTD event and achieve your event goals such as receiving recognition or increasing promotion to tackle climate change through table tennis. With event sponsorship, organizers and sponsors are connected meaningful through real-time interaction.
How can you find the right sponsor for your event?
- First of all, IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
- Look for sponsors who understand the value of this type of marketing! It doesn’t matter if they have sponsored an event before or not – just give it a shot and try to convince them!
- Have a look into the sponsors’ target group: Does it match your demographics and interests? Most probably you won’t find a brand which completely align with you but pick out key areas worth highlighting during the event and stick to sponsors who share them.
- Depending on your needs, try to get the most out of the partnership because it is always a two-way-street!
How can you encourage possible sponsors to support you?
- Be prepared and study your counterpart in advance.
- Share the event’s wow-factor by providing all the details of your story, vision and mission! Make an emotional connection to inspire them!
- Be specific about the funding you need. Break down what the financing will be used for, such as venue rental, food or flying in guest speakers.
- Don’t forget it is a give-and-take-relationship. To sweeten the deal:
- Include the sponsor’s logo in all of your promotional material.
- Mention the sponsor’s name in your blog posts, email newsletters, and social media posts.
- Give event-related freebies or discounts to customers that purchase the sponsor’s product or sign up for its service.
- Encourage your social media followers to “like” or share the sponsor’s content.