I Hope everyone has been keeping well.
Here in Auroville, Covid has not been too bad compared to the cities but the lockdown has meant I couldn't meet many of you and host you for tours and workshops.
As the lockdown is easing I thought to let you know how you could engage with us and come and visit the farm for lunch, a concert, a farm tour, our mini-workshops, a longer 3 day permaculture workshop or the eat local week.
HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON!!
FARM TO PLATE CAFE
1. Cafe opens daily from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Localicious vegan Breakfast and Lunch
Every wednesday concert with a fixed dinner
from 6:30 to 9:00 in the evening
2. Every Saturday FARM TOUR starts 11:30 am ( Free )
MINI-INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE- Every Wednesday
3. Mini introduction to permaculture through exploring local foods Wednesdays at 10:00 am cost Rs.800 includes lunch and refreshment
NATURAL SOAP MAKING WORKSHOP- Every Friday
4. Soap making workshop: learn to make natural soap with papaya seeds, amla seeds, neem flowers and leaves, hibiscus leaves etc understand the importance of recycling water to grow food. Workshop starts at 10:30 and ends with lunch cost Rs.800 includes lunch refreshments and a soap to take home.
THREE DAY RESIDENTIAL PERMACULTURE WORKSHOP: 18th-20th December
5. This workshop aims to empower you to start growing your own food and to gain an insight into knowing where your food comes from. This three day intensive exploration of permaculture is 100% hands on. The modules in this workshop explore urban gardening, circle garden with its enormous social implications & a perennial hedge and other permaculture concepts. We will learn about soil, seeds, local foods, medicinal plants, recycling water, bio-enzyme & hand soaps and the importance of celebration in permaculture. This workshop is ideal for people starting farms and trying to find a road back to Nature.
To reserve your place please fill in the google form
If you can't make this workshop there will be more workshops in the coming months.
EAT LOCAL WEEK- December to April
6. Starting december we will be running a week long exploration of local foods we invite participants to harvest, prepare, cook and eat together from monday to saturday. we will explore edible weeds, traditional grains, tasty traditional dishes that represent a cultural nutritional heritage.
it is possible to stay at the farm and while participate at the workshop. write to us for more details.
Residential - Rs.8500
non-residential - Rs.6000
We can also create custom made workshops for particular groups etc
We look forward to hearing from you.