PHOTO VIA THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
Emerge from your own cocoon — even if you're feeling more like a slow-crawling caterpillar — and flutter on over to The Butterfly Effect for its End of Summer Bash, 3–8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 20. Soak up the sweetness of
nectar ice cream and other treats while browsing handmade goods.
27 (million) dresses
If the “ Dream Wedding” Pinterest board you made in 7th grade is no longer fitting your vibe, start fresh and join other eager brides and grooms — and future MILs — at the Greensboro Coliseum for The Carolina Wedding Show, noon–4 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21.
Exercise? No, we said extra fries
High Point’s food-centric event, Taste of the Town, delivers a menu of options from 6–8 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 16! Between mini donuts, bangin’ BBQ and sweetly-sour lemonade, choosing where to fill up will be the hardest decision we make all day — even harder than picking what show to binge next.
You spin our head right round, right round
The curtain is closing on summer break, but the kids are going down swingin’ and spinnin’ as they work off those BTS jitters from 6–8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19, at City Lake Park’s Summer Family Fest. Mini-golf + carousel and train rides = the perfect distraction from the impending sound of the school bell.
Sorry, but we're fully booked
Here’s a novel idea for you: Book it to the Winston-Salem Writers' 4 on the 4th event at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 17, to hear local authors discuss everything from the suburban dystopia of Northern Virginia, to what unites emus and home decorating. Bound to inspire!
Ain't nothin' but a sound dog
If you’re anything like us, Austin Butler’s performance in Elvis has you looking for trouble . . . and live music — in both cases, you came to the right place. Pull on those blue suede shoes, because Greensboro is totally ready to
jailhouse rock this week.
- Our car concerts are pretty spectacular, but The Concert Truck is redefining the art of mobile performance. Visit this fully functioning concert hall on wheels in the Weatherspoon parking lot at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 18.
- If you’re a loyal subscriber, you know we love our brews and tunes at SouthEnd Brewing. Folk(ish) band Brown Mountain Lightning Bugs lights up your night at 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 18. You’re buggin’ if you pass that up.
- Unheard Project GSO wants to rid you of your end-of-summer blues, bringing gospel, funk, R&B and all that jazz to The Crown at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 19. Life would be B-flat without music – jazz it up with a sound that’s unheard of.
- At 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 20, Brett Eldredge delivers his Songs About You tour to the Greensboro Coliseum. If you take "the long way," just make sure you arrive on time.
- Go cruisin' together with someone you love to the Tanger Center to take in the smooth sounds of the legendary Smokey Robinson at 8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 20. Find out why people say he's the life of the party.
- We aren't very good at directions, but thanks to singer-songwriters from the Carolinas, we now know that we are East of Nashville. Catch Maia Kamil, Laura Jane Vincent and Aaron Pants – BTW, he also sings – in the Crown at the Carolina Theatre at 4 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21.
- We sir-tainly dig the vibes of Knights of Soul, who are filling up Barber Park with the sounds of old school R&B funk from 6–7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21. Plus, keep it cool with Scoop Zone or have a little meat cute with Sweet Turkey's BBQ and Catering.