Center for Social Dance, LLC
287 Jolly Road #360
Okemos, MI 48864
Dear Greater Lansing Community,
In 2016, my husband Hyung and I opened the Center for Social Dance so that we could bring more ballroom dancing to the Greater Lansing community and hoped that it would allow us to bring awareness to the outreach vision I had / have to bring ballroom dance to school aged children in the community. Since then, we have accomplished the following:
1) reached out / taught over 500 children in the Greater Lansing area at no cost to their families or their schools
2) the Center for Social Dance has participated in the local Dancing with the Local Stars for the past 3 years donating nearly 200 hours of private instruction / council at no coast to the dancers (local stars) or the event (Carefree Medial Clinic). I am proud to say that the Center for Social Dance placed first place each year as either the people choice winner or judges top pick winner.
3) the Center for Social Dance donated numerous gift certificates too many charities
4) Donation of space at the Center for Social Dance to local schools for fund raising events and meeting space
5) Scholar-shipped dancers in classes at the Center's Okemos location
6) Donated boxes of Toys for the Toys for Tots fund raiser each holiday season
During the transition time to Grand Rapids for my family this summer, the Center did actively look for options for the Center as the overall commitment to the vision has grown so much. I am happy to announce, regardless of the MANY rumors going around, that we are remaining in the Greater Lansing Community and will continue to invest in the vision to bring great ballroom and social dancing to the area and the areas youth.
In our search for supporting partners, we have found at least two studio owners interested in bringing programming to the Center for Social Dance. Both of these studios has a strong history of reaching out to youth in their communities and both offered to join forces with he Center for Social Dance. Please help us welcome the first studio to join forces with the Center, Social Dance of Grand Rapids, this Fall, as they begin their programing. Hans, owner of Social Dance of Grand Rapids and I will guest teach at each others location in attempts to bridge our social dance communities and build our competitive ballroom branch.
Our dance community is amazing and I am so grateful for all the support you have shown. I cannot thank those of you who have stuck with us on this journey enough and look forward to more dancing with all of you. A few reminders of ways you can help us continue to grow:
1) watch the schedule and ask question about new programing, see if you might know someone interested in our new programs
2) constructive feed back is helpful
3) YES, you are the most important sales force a small business has, please continue to talk about us, invite friends, like us on social media, review us on google, share us on facebook, check in with us when you arrive
4) Attendance in Key for your learning and the growth of the Center, please remember that drop in classes are designed to be consecutive classes while still allowing the flexibility of missing a class without loosing your class fees. If you are to be away for a week or two, great but attending once every 3-months will not be as beneficial to you as a dancer / learner, this will prove to be counter productive.
5) Come Celebrate with us with me at Dance Your Butt off Tuesday this week as we toast at 8:15pm to moving forward at the Center for Social Dance!
Center for Social Dance, LLC
Owner / Director