Center for Social Dance, 2807 Jolly Road, suite #360 Okemos, MI 48864 (517) 242-8494.
Special Thanks to:
A special thanks to Jean Guild and our dancing friends from Gran Rapids for a fun dance night last Saturday, we look forward to having Jean and her dancers back soon.
The Center for Social Dance strives to offer the best facility for dancers and many wonderful teachers who come with a wide range of knowledge and teaching styles to teach each and everyone of you. The team at the Center has made observations of both the instruction portion of our programing and the communities participations in our classes and events.
Over the next few months, you will be see some changes that we believe will help the Center and all of you move to the next level; we hope you enjoy the changes and hope the changes will make your experiences at the Center for Social Dance the best it can be.
- The class will begin at the scheduled time with a video re-review of what will be taught in the class instead of a re-cap at the end.
- Teachers will play a variety of music in the class, each song selected is selected to help the students accomplish the goal of the class. If there is new material and long combinations then a teacher may play slower music, if the goal is to speed up the movement then the teacher may play faster music, and so on...
- Teachers will make a few special announcements at the end of each class
- We are asking the students to arrive early so that you have time to get ready and set up for class. The class will be closed 15-miutes into the start time and at that point, the Center is asking late students to wait for the next session before entering the instruction area. While the signs will be posted today, Monday, March 25, 2019, these policies will begin on April 1, 2019.
- Please no extended talking during class
- Students are encouraged to stay in the class, if you leave or choose sit down in class at anytime we ask that you plan remain out so that the instruction can continue for those in class without interruption.
- For the weekly class schedule, please visit the CSD website for class listings
- The drop in price will go up beginning April 1, 2019 to $17 per person
- The punch cards now have an expiration date of 6-months. If you purchased any cards before today, March 25, 2109 the cards are grandfathered in
Looking for Front Desk Support Staff:
In the past, the Center and the teachers have been relaxed in the start time as students are rushing in and the teachers are often busy checking students in at the front desk. We ask you to hang in there with us a little while longer as we search for a regular front desk person to support the Center. If you know of a non-dancer looking for a part-time evening position, please pass them my card, this is a great opportunity for a student.
Center for Social Dance, LLC
Director / Educator