SumoBot WX Prototype Sneak Peek
Through social media, we've shared a few progress pictures of the new SumoBot WX. In two weeks we're manufacturing what we hope to be our final prototype. The development process has been lengthy, focusing on the power supply, grippy molded tires, and PCB layout to accommodate more infrared emitters/detectors and sensors. Not to mention the Propeller FLiP on board! The final design is shaping up to be clean and effective for the intended use of classroom competition and corporate activities.
A quick look at what's new with the SumoBot WX:
- BlocklyProp programming!
- FLiP Multicore Module socket
- (4) pairs infrared emitters and receivers for detecting an opponent
- (4) QTI sensors for black/white wrestling ring perimeter detection
- New grippy tires
- Memsic 2125 Accelerometer (optional) socket
- WX Module (optional) for wireless programming
- Ping))) Ultrasonic and Ping Rangefinder (both optional) socket
- Made in Rocklin, California
It's quite possible some of these specifications will change; we're just providing you an advance look at what they are today! SumoBot WX robots will be sold in pairs. The release date isn't known, but we're working to introduce this robot in Q2/Q3, 2020. We're enjoying reading the messages about your interest in the SumoBot WX. You've inspired us to get this important project finished!