As a follow-up to the recent announcement about Emory Healthcare's COVID-19 vaccination requirement, we have launched the exemption process in the HOME portal and you can now upload your completed exemption forms. As a reminder, exemptions are due by Sept. 10. There will be an opportunity to request exemptions based on new circumstances arising after the Sept. 10 deadline. Note that leaders will receive an additional email with more information on supporting your team through the exemption process.
Many of you have also asked if EHC will require COVID-19 vaccine boosters. At this time, EHC is NOT planning to require boosters. Our focus is, and remains, on getting every EHC care team member past this first stage of vaccination and exemption.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we have been working to finalize the exemption process. See below for instructions on how to apply for and upload a COVID-19 vaccination exemption, as well as important reminders about what to expect after submitting an exemption.
Exemption Submission Process
- The feature to upload your completed exemption form is now live in the HOME portal. Click here for instructions how to access exemption forms and to access a video with step-by-step instructions of how to upload your exemption form. Access HOME by logging into e-Vantage through the EHC intranet and selecting employee health.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, best contact information and a description of the issue.
Exemption Decision Process
- If your exemption is not granted and the timing of the decision makes it impossible to meet the Oct. 1 deadline, you will be given adequate time from the issuing of the decision to fulfill the vaccine requirement without your employment being impacted.
- Exemption or deferral requests will be reviewed under the guidance of a multidisciplinary committee that will decide on whether to approve/deny the exemption. We will share the membership of the committee once it has been assembled. The committee will follow strict procedures to mitigate any bias in the decision making.
- You will receive a notification from HOME once the committee reviews the request with the final decision.
Important Vaccination Resources
- Aug. 13: Staff message with exemption process update.
- Click here to access the full FAQs, posted and accessible on the EHC intranet.
Thank you for your ongoing support and dedication to improving lives and providing hope.