1. Secure TVs. Mount flat-panel TVs to the wall. Place older, box-style TVs (CRTs) on low, stable furniture that can hold the weight.
2. Attach furniture to the wall. Use anti-tip brackets, braces, or wall straps to secure furniture to the wall. Install stops on dresser drawers to keep them from being pulled all the way out.
3. Rearrange household items. Store heavy objects on lower shelves or in lower drawers. Avoid placing remote controls, toys, or other items in places where kids mightbe tempted to climb up or reach for them.
4. Recycle old TVs. To find a location that safely and easily recycles unwanted TVs, go to www.GreenerGadgets.org.
5. If you are interested in learning more about how to keep your family safe from TV and furniture tip-overs, read more at: www.safekids.org/tip/tv-and-furniture-tip-over-prevention-tips.
Safe Kids Thurston County is a program of the Child Care Action Council and supported by Thurston County Medic One.