Note from your Chairman
"The Committee are delighted to tell you that the 2022 Centenary Dinner on Thursday 28 April 2022 will go ahead as planned. Please see the detailed arrangements below."
- Bruce and Alfie are running in parallel to organize this dinner
- Dinner is Thu 28 Apr 2022
- We have a VVIP guest, to be confirmed by 18 Mar
- Tickets are £100 for members, £110 for guests
- Initial place allocation will be to MEMBERS only (via lottery if oversubscribed)
- 1st tranche of booking is now open, and closes 1200 Sun 13 Mar
- We will, of course, comply with Covid Rules and Guidance applicable on the day of the event
- We anticipate providing no more than 100 places
- If oversubscribed, there will be a place lottery
- In particular ALL bids for Guest places will go into a committee-supervised lottery w/c 14 March,
- with results announced by 18 March
- Any bookings after the initial window closes on 13 March will join the waiting list (if there is one!) for the 28 Apr dinner
- If you want to go directly to the book/pay form, click below
Our membership information about you
We rely exclusively on email now to stay in contact with you. You are a member-for-life, and we will continue to send you emails until you tell us to stop! A 'personal' email address helps if you change jobs (or retire!), but we can also hold on record a business address for you. If either change, please let us know (Bruce and Alfie - email@example.com).
Booking for the 2022 Dinner
Booking is now open. As in the past several years:
- It is NOT a "first past the post" system.
- We'll take initial bids and payments up to 1200Z Sunday 13 March, at which point we will generate the place allocation database based on ALL bids
- MEMBERS first (possibly involving a lottery if oversubscribed)
- then, via a committee-supervised lottery, any guests that have been requested,
- The main booking system allows one member to bid for/pay for up to 2 members plus 2 guests
- As ever, it is 'payments' that get you into this place allocation process, not 'promise of payments'.
- Any subsequent applications and payments will join a waiting list (if there is one).
We will let you know the results of your request for places by 18 March 2022
We have to confirm numbers (and therefore payment) to the RAF Club by 7 April. If you cancel before 7 April, we will be able to refund you in full. If you cancel from 8 April onwards, we will only be able to refund you if we still have members who are waiting for places, and who are still able to take up returned tickets
To apply for places at the 2022 Dinner, please book online via the online form, which has all the payment options
Direct link to Book/Pay
Should you have any problems with the online options, please drop us a note - we can't fix things if we don't know they're broken!
The Club has a number of items available to purchase bearing the BWDC logo, including
- Club Bow Ties at £20
- Club Ties at £20
- Club Ladies' Brooches at £18
- Club Cufflinks at £24.00
Should you wish to buy any of these items, please annotate the form accordingly, include the cost in your online payment, and they will be available for you at the dinner (or, if you annotate the form appropriately, they can be delivered to your address of record).
We know we will get lots of emails in response to this one - please excuse us if we are am not as quick to respond as usual. We will post general updates on the website at www.bwdc.org.uk - you may find answers to your questions there!.
For your diary - the 2023 Dinner will be on Thu 27 Apr 2023
If you are coming to this year's Dinner, we will see you on 28 April at the RAF Club
Bruce and Alfie
(more dinner detals)
BWDC - CENTENARY DINNER - Thursday 28 Apr 2022
The 96th Annual Dinner and Annual General Meeting of the British Wireless Dinner Club will be held on Thu 28 April at 1830 for 1930 in the Royal Air Force Club, 128 Piccadilly, London, W1PJ 7Y. The dress will be dinner jacket/black tie with medals and neck decorations for gentlemen, long evening dresses for ladies.
Guest - <VVIP>
The cost will be £100 for members and £110 for guests, including pre-dinner drinks, wine and port, service charge and VAT. Note that drinks (champagne, wine, soft drinks) in the Presidents' Room and Victoria Room before dinner are included in the price, and there will also be a Cash Bar.
There will be 'Centenary Champagne' available during pre-dinner drinks, and after dinner there will be a Cash Bar in the Presidents' Room and the adjoining Victoria Room, with a bar extension until midnight.
Each member may invite a guest who is genuinely interested in the Club, and who is a prospective club member. If your guest wishes to apply for Membership, please direct them to the online process at www.bwdc.org.uk. All members are asked to encourage suitable candidates to apply for membership at any time, and the committee would ask sponsors to ensure that election to club membership is followed up with the appropriate cheque!
Note for those approved for membership in the last 12 months: only those who have paid their life subscriptions may attend the dinner as members!.
To book online, please visit the secure booking site
Direct link to Book/Pay